When it comes to online communication Discord is very popular among users. It is generally mainstream among gamers as it assists them with communicating over voice without upsetting the game.
Users additionally use Discord for talking about projects to hacks, from homework to emotional wellness support. Discord is loved by members as there’s no algorithm set, choosing for them what to see, what not to see. It’s a place where they can invest some quality energy with family members, friends being naturally who they are.
Discussions on Discord are driven by shared interests. Members create the channel, any individual who is interested in the specific channel can join the channel and speak with others through instant message, voice call, video call, or screen sharing.
Deleting the server is a pretty easy but quite serious matter as well.
Various users have different reasons to discontinue on the server, as some might discontinue because they don’t have much interest or they have some privacy issues.
Whatever perhaps may be the reason, in case you’re tired of using Discord you can transfer the server to another person and delete the server.
Here’s what you can do before deleting the server:
Transfer the Discord server to someone else:
Before making an extreme decision of deleting the server, if your channel comprises of huge crowd ensure you transfer it to another person to carry on further. Transferring the ownership implies giving them full control from changing the name of the server to taking huge decisions.
This concludes that you won’t have control over the server. For instance, if you wish to make some other user an administrator you can do that only when the new proprietor authorizes you. Additionally, you won’t have the option to delete the server a while later as the ownership has been moved to another person. Just the new server owner has the ability to do as such.
Let’s check out how to delete the server.
How to delete the Discord server via the desktop app?
- Open Discord Application on your PC.
- Go to the server you wish to delete.
- Click the server name, situated in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select server settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click on delete server.
- A notification will spring up. Enter the server’s name precisely as it is or the six-digit authentication code if you have empowered two-factor validation.
- Then click on “Delete Server.”
Now you know deleting a discord server is no headache if you have proper guidance and it does not take more than few minutes.
In the situation where you don’t wish to be the owner of the server and move it to another person, here are the steps by which you can do that.
To transfer the server, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your server settings, but instead of choosing “Delete Server,” click on “Members” in the left sidebar.
- Then you will be given a list of each individual from the server. Click on the person name you wish to transfer the ownership and tap on the three dabs at the right.
- Select “Transfer Ownership.”
- Finally the ownership has been transferred to someone else, and now without any further worries you can delete the server stress-free.
Steps to delete Discord Server through Mobile Application:
- Open the Discord Application on your cell phone and find the server you wish to delete.
- Go to the right side, open the menu and click on the server name at the top of the screen.
- A notification will pop up, click on the settings symbol on the right side.
- Click on “Overview.”
- At the lower part of the “Overview” page, click on “Delete Server.”
- A notification will pop up for the confirmation of deleting the server. Click on “Yes” to confirm that you need to delete the server. If there are chances that you have two-factor authentication activated, you need to enter the verification code found in Google Authenticator Application.
Congrats at last you have deleted the discord server.
From the above steps you realize that it is so simple to delete the discord server from the platform. Yet you additionally need to remember as once you delete the server it is extremely unlikely you can recover it. It’s deleted permanently, so before deleting it ensure you need not bother with it in future. Also, you may require a six-digit authentication code to delete discord server through applications Server Settings. Just the owner has the right of access to delete the Discord Server. Discord server can be deleted either from Desktop as well as the mobile application.