Tom Cruise, real name Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, is an American actor who rose to prominence in the 1980s as one of Hollywood’s most popular leading men, known for his clean-cut good looks and versatility.
For nearly four decades, Tom Cruise has been a household name, and his bank account reflects that. Cruise, born Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, grew up in a low-income family. His father was abusive, and he struggled with dyslexia as a child. Cruise’s parents divorced, and he moved in with his mother, who remarried and worked hard to give him and his siblings a better life. Seeing her overcome those obstacles inspired Cruise to pursue his own dreams, which included joining the priesthood (he attended a seminary for several years) and performing onstage in his Glen Ridge, New Jersey, high school production of Guys And Dolls, which gave him the acting bug.
- Prior to venturing into the world of acting, Cruise auditioned for the position of the priest when he was in his late teens. However, this did not work out for him, and he resolved to make a difference in the film industry. His first step was to drop out of school and travel to New York. Things were not easy at first, because he had to struggle through the auditions.
- After landing a role in Endless Love in 1981, a light shone on his career path.
- When he appeared in his film, he was 19 years old. In the same year, Cruise starred in Taps-1981 as a wild military student. He appeared in The Outsiders-1993 two years later. He appeared in Risky Business and All the Right Moves the same year.
- The 1990s were a fruitful period in Cruise’s career, as he appeared in hit films such as Far and Away (1992). Cruise co-starred in this romantic adventure film with Nicole Kidman. A Few Good Men (1992), a legal drama, was the next big hit.
- Cruise returned to the legal world in 1993, starring in another legal thriller, The Firm.
- With the release of Interview with the Vampire-1994 in 1994, he shifted gears and ventured into horror films.
- In 1996, the romantic drama Jerry Maguire was released.
- Eyes Wide Shut, in which he co-starred with Nicole Kidman, was released in 1999.
- It wasn’t until the 1990s that Cruise landed the role that would make him famous, Ethan Hunt in the Mission: Impossible film series. It made its first appearance in the film series in 1996. Following this, several others followed suit, the most recent being Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, which was released in 2015.
Tom Cruise married Mimi Rogers, an actress, in 1987. Three years later, in 1990, the couple divorced. Later that year, he married Nicole Kidman, who was also an actress. Before splitting up, they adopted two children together. Cruise’s third marriage was to Katie Holmes, with whom he had a daughter. They divorced in 2012.
Height and weight of Tom Cruise
He’s in good shape, standing about 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds.
Tom Cruise’s net worth
The actor makes a lot of money from his acting career, with an annual salary of $50 million. Tom Cruise’s net worth is estimated to be $600 million in 2021.
Some Uncommon Facts About Tom Cruise
- In high school, he used to play floor hockey.
- Tom Cruise attended 15 schools over the course of 14 years.
- Tom grew up in a low-income family.
- He uses his left hand for everything except writing.
- He grew up with an abusive father, whom he describes as a “merchant of chaos.”
- Is Tom Cruise a smoker? : Yes.
- Tom does not consume alcohol.
- He had never authorized the use of his images in action figures or video games.
- He has been nominated for three Oscars but has never won one.
- “Forbes” magazine named him the world’s most powerful celebrity in 2006.
- Japan designated October 10, 2006, as “Tom Cruise Day” because he has visited Japan more than any other Hollywood celebrity.
- For the film “Cocktail,” he received a Razzie Award for Worst Actor in 1988.
- In 1989, he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his performance in the film “Born on the Fourth of July,” which also earned him his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
- For the film “Jerry Maguire,” he received his second Golden Globe Award and his second Academy Award nomination in 1996.
- His most successful film is the Mission Impossible series.
- For the film “Magnolia,” he received his third Golden Globe Award and was nominated for his third Academy Award in 1999.
We hope you found this post about Tom Cruise – Biography, Career, Net Worth, Facts & Life useful. If you have any questions or comments about the preceding article, please leave them in the section below. We will gladly assist you.